Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Time Travel?

Ever hear of time travel?

Well that is what is going to happen. I am time traveling past the last three weeks! It all began with my husband being unavailable to keep our little girl so I could go work out. He would come in around 9:30 and say "there is still time to go to the gym". Ha. I don’t leave the house after 9 if I don’t have to. Once those jammies come on, I ain’t a traveling out.

At the end of that week I had to pack and fly away to the great state of Minnesota! I attended a sculpting retreat there with 7 other fabulous ladies. A week full of sculpting, staying up pass 2 am hopped up on coffee. The retreat was hosted by a fantastic lady who happened to be an awesome chef! And most of her meals were prepared with fresh vegetables but not all were under my calorie intake. Not to mention, I snacked on a few brownies now and then. I think in my delirious sleep deprived state, I may recall a slice or two of birthday cake. Maybe.

Great River Retreat Minnesota


On the plane flight home, I vowed I would give myself one week before getting on the scale and seeing how bad I was. The next morning, I got on the scale anyway, and had gained 5 pounds. Yikes. I wasn’t too disappointed I mean, brownies and birthday cake, I expected a rise in my weight. Especially since the only exercise I got was walking upstairs to my room twice a day. 
So I gave my self a week to get back in gear. I went to the gym once last week. I got back onto my calorie tracking and lost the 5 I had gained back.  I am starting this week out once again at my last good weight of 245. YAY!

So what have I learned these last few weeks? That, regardless of good intentions, after all I did pack healthy food in my suitcase, when tempted with goodies that 7 other ladies were enjoying, I cave. Getting back on the wagon is really hard to do once your fat ass falls off. And even though you may time travel pass your oopsies; the memory is still there in your head, and on your ass.

Until next week my friends!

Peace
 Mamie

1 comment:

  1. I like how you kept your vow to yourself. Very admirable :) Funny as hell ending statement lol

    ReplyDelete