Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Second Week Down!

I worked out a few times in “sneakers designed for aerobics with high dollar price tag” but my feet were left aching and swollen. So I had a brilliant idea to wear what I use to wear a lot. My chucks. I love chucks. But guess what, chucks hurt too. By the end of the week I had painful blisters on both little toes and two achy heals. But alas, I still exercised, painful feet is no excuse. 

Last week was a little harder for me. I was wanting, no dreaming, of eating lots of things that were not good for me. Donuts, cakes, pies, ice cream, m&m’s, at one point I found myself about to lick my little girls fingers that were covered in chocolate, considering she has recently learned to pick her boogers, I decided it wasn't a smart idea, say it with me ewwww! 
Instead I ate a small piece of Hershey’s chocolate. You know, that tiny 1 x 1 ½ inch square of delightful heaven, stopped the cravings. Sometimes you have to have a little to go further. And it didn’t hurt my calorie count by too much.

I went through the week eating my frozen lunches and snacks as I planned and we took turns cooking dinner (that helps sooo much because I hate cooking).  We ate out on Friday night at Subway; I chose a sandwich that was less than 400 calories so all was good.

Saturday. SOS. Sinking ship! Uh Oh. Neither of us wanted to cook and neither of us wanted to drive to go get something. So we ordered pizza. My plan was to eat no more then 2 slices of a small pizza keeping well below my calorie intake of the day. PLANNED FAILED! I succumbed to the call of that greasy cheesy vegetable circle of calories and ate a third piece. Immediately after that I felt ill. 


I can't eat three slices of this!
If I wanna look like that.....
Subconsciously inflicted illness? Who will ever know, but I went to bed that night with a tummy ache and a heavy heart for failing myself. I knew those 3 slices of pizza was overdoing it. And my body was just telling me “HA! Now you have to pay for it!” Live and learn right?

So what have I learned this week? Wrap up those little toe’s with some sort of bandage, because you have been sitting on your ass for years and they aren’t use to rubbing the inside of your shoes during excessive walking. Giving your self a little reward is perfectly okay (as long as it doesn’t involve licking booger fingers) but overindulgence is unwise when trying to create a new lifestyle change.

All in All I am still trucking down that weight/fat loss highway. And I am still proud of myself for making it to the gym 3 times last week, trying Zumba (that’s another story) and for lasting my goal of 5 minutes on the elliptical machine. YAY ME!






This weeks stats:


 Summary

Budget Food Calories Burned
Weight (lbs)
7/18/11 1,547 1,431 271

259
7/19/11 1,547 1,399 319

259
7/20/11 1,547 748 0

259
7/21/11 1,520 1,293 0

255
7/22/11 1,516 1,055 485

254.4
7/23/11 1,516 1,353 0

254.4
7/24/11 1,516 1,347 0

254.4

3,158 calories under budget for the week   
1075 Calories burned thru exercise
Lost 4.6 pounds this week  
Overall  Lost: 10.6 pounds

  
Till next time peeps!





 Keep Shining!



1 comment:

  1. Well done! You are inspiring me!!!Fun blog, I will be back to read more and find out how you are doing!xo

    ReplyDelete