Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 1 Down and Gone!

Okay so I am still alive! I have put into motion a new life style plan! Whoop Whoop!

Last week I started a new calorie tracker program and set a goal of no more then 1789 a day in calories. By the end of the week I felt like this was a little high so I lowered it to 1547. I went to the gym 3 times and I did some spirit dancing at home one evening.
 I am soo stoked that I had a great week and I did all this for me! I dove in with the mindset that this was the beginning of my SELF CARING! A new friend told me a few weeks ago that I could not be the best for my family if I did not figure out a way to be the best me! And I have to admit I feel energized and I think I have at least smiled 3-4 times everyday. :) I know I know what a surprise!
Last week I also went for a bra fitting, ATTENTION LADIES!!!! Do this! I can not say how happy I was to have the girls back where they are suppose to be! I was like hello ladies, say goodbye to the basement, it's nice to see you back in the penthouse! :) So many of us wear the wrong size bras and trust me I didn't think it mattered but it does.  Helps with that ole self esteem!

I also invested in a few pair of Spanx. Now these can be a little pricey but you can find them on ebay  (NWT), for a lot cheaper. Spanx do not help you lose weight, unless you count the time putting them on as a workout, but they do hide and smooth out your curves, which in my case is like rolling hills, and they also give your confidence a boost and it helps with your posture as well.
 
NO this is not me!

Foods- Well I have been eating Lean Cuisine's for lunch and my snacks are fruits, almonds carrots, cucumber or beef jerky. For breakfast I have a bagel, or boiled eggs and a side of yogurt sometimes I grab a Kashi bar.  Dinner has been home cooked and with veggies, no starches.  Last week I stayed true to my plan and only ate out twice. Lubys and Applebees, both times I ate the healthiest thing I could find on the menu.

So here are my stats:

Weekly Report for week of July 11, 2011

Daily Summary

Budget Food Calories Burned (Exercise)

Weight
Jul-11-11 - - -

-
Jul-12-11 1,798 1,683 Treadmill, Bike, Strength Training 236

265
Jul-13-11 1,798 1,233 Treadmill, Bike, Strength Training 320

-
Jul-14-11 1,798 1,089 Spirit Dancing 299

265
Jul-15-11 1,798 1,768 -

-
Jul-16-11 1,798 1,521 -

-
Jul-17-11 1,547 1,318 Gardening 185

259 
1925 calories under for the week
1,041 exercise calories burned this week
LOST 6 pounds this week!!!!!!!!!

Come on Week 2...I got this!   :)

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo AWESOME!! I love it.You have persevered through the first week of self dicipline and gained a since of self worth. I am amazed that you have lost 6 pounds already.So glad you got fitted for the right bra. May sound kinda silly, but I have ALWAYS wanted to do that for my self. I also recognise that you have a gift for writing. Your blogs are very funny and keep you wanting more. Hope this has helped you in your journey cause you have helped me in my own knowing that all things are possible. Sometimes we just need a change of mindset. Keep up the good work and inspiration. Thanks again. Carol Simmons-Depaepe

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Carol- Thank you so very much!!! 6 pounds yep (had to be those days of wearing that Spanx!) I need to replace the batteries on the scale so hopefully it hasn't bee lying to me! :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete